Xtane Exemstane Oral tablets 25mg NATCO
- Price in reward points: 38
Xtane (Generic Exemestane Tablets) - Product Information
Price per 30 tablet
Xtane (Generic Exemestane tablets)is used to treat early breast cancer in postmenopausal women who are diagnosed with breast cancer and who have already been treated with a medication called Tamoxifen (Generic Nolvadex) for 2 to 3 years.
Exemestane belongs to a class of medications called aromatase inhibitors. It works by reducing the amount of estrogen produced by the body. This can slow or stop the growth of some breast tumors that require estrogen to grow.
Xtane tablets are manufactured by Natco Pharma Limited, India in the strengths of 25 mg.
Name of the Drug
We supply original Xtane tablets manufactured by Natco Pharma Limited.
Manufacturer of Xtane Tablets
Natco Pharma Limited
Active Ingredient present in Xtane Tablets
The active pharmaceutical ingredient in Xtane tablets is Exemestane. Each Xtane tablet contains 25 mg of Exemestane.
Uses of Xtane (Generic Exemestane Tablets)
Xtane is an aromatase inhibitor which is used for the adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal women with estrogen-receptor positive early breast cancer who have received two to three years of Tamoxifen and are switched to Xtane for completion of a total of five consecutive years of adjuvant hormonal therapy. It is also used for the treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women whose disease has progressed following Tamoxifen therapy.
Xtane (Generic Exemestane Tablets) - Dosage
The recommended dosage of Xtane tablets is 25 mg orally once a day, after meals.
Generic Exemestane tablets should be taken by mouth after a meal at approximately the same time each day. Your doctor will let you know how to take Xtane and for how long.
After a single dose of 25 mg given after a meal, average peak plasma levels of 18 ng/mL are achieved within 2 hours post-dosing. Food was observed to enhance absorption.
Warnings and Precautions
Please inform your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. The other warnings and precautions are:
- Before starting treatment with Aromex, your doctor may want to take blood samples to confirm you have reached the menopause.
- Routine checking of your vitamin D level will also be made before treatment, as your level could be very low in the early stages of breast cancer. You will be given vitamin D supplement if your levels are below normal.
- Before taking Aromex, inform your doctor if you have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history or are suffering from any condition which affects the strength of your bones. Your doctor may want to measure your bone density before and during the treatment of Generic Exemestane. This is because medicines of this class lower the levels of female hormones and this may lead to a loss of the mineral content of bones, which might decrease their strength.
Xtane Tablets - Storage
Store Xtane tablets at controlled room temperature 25°C (77°F). Excursions are permitted to (59°F to 86°F, 15°C to 30°C). Protect from light.
Generic Exemestane Tablets Overdosage
During clinical trials Exemestane has been administered as a single dose to healthy female volunteers at doses as high as 800 mg and postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer have been administered doses as high as 600 mg daily for 12 weeks. These dosages were well tolerated. There is no specific antidote to overdosage and treatment should be symptomatic. General supportive care, including frequent monitoring of vital signs and close observation of the patient, is recommended.
Xtane Tablets - Contraindications
Xtane Tablets are contraindicated in patients with a hypersensitivity to Exemestane or any other ingredient present in Xtane tablets. They are also contraindicated in in pregnant or lactating women or women of premenopausal endocrine status.
Side Effects Of Generic Exemestane Tablets
In general, Xtane (Generic Exemestane tablets) is well tolerated and the following side effects observed in patients treated with Generic Exemestane are mainly mild or moderate in nature.
Hypersensitivity, inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) and inflammation of the bile ducts of the liver which cause yellowing of the skin (cholestatic hepatitis) can occur in certain patients. Symptoms include feeling generally unwell, nausea, jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes), itching, right sided abdominal pain and loss of appetite. Contact your doctor immediately to seek urgent medical advice if you think you have any of these symptoms. The very common side effects (may affect more than 1 in 10 people) are:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Hot flushes
- Feeling sick
- Increased sweating
- Muscle and joint pain (including osteoarthritis, back pain, arthritis and joint stiffness)
- A reduction in the number of white blood cells
- Abdominal pain
- Elevated level of liver enzymes
- Elevated level of a hemoglobin breakdown in the blood
- Elevated level of a blood enzyme in the blood due to liver damage
Exemestane During Pregnancy and Breast-feeding
Exemestane is classified by the US FDA as Pregnancy Category X. Exemestane is contraindicated in pregnant women and only indicated in postmenopausal women. Do not take Xtane (Generic Exemestane tablets) if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
If you are pregnant or think you might be, tell your doctor.
Discuss contraception with your doctor if there is any possibility that you may become pregnant.
It is not known whether Exemestane is excreted in human milk. Since many drugs are excreted in human milk, caution should be exercised if a nursing woman is inadvertently exposed to Exemestane.