Aquaviron 25mg Testosterone Injection 25mg Abbott
- Price in reward points: 358
Aquaviron is widely known as Aquatest, Testosterone Base
Other alternative names for Aquaviron (Testosterone Suspension): Abbott Testosterone Suspension, Testosterone Suspension, Aquatest 25mg ampoules, Aquaviron 25mg ampoules.
All of these are different brands of the same active substance – Testosterone Suspension
Aquaviron injectable suspension Abbott profile
Aquaviron testosterone suspension is a steroid that is used for the treatment of Deficiency of male hormone, AIDS related muscle wasting, Aging, Hormone secretion problems, Inherited blood disorders and other.
Aquaviron Injection works by replacing the testosterone that is normally produced in the body.
Aquaviron suspension is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Deficiency of male hormone
- AIDS related muscle wasting
- Aging (testosterone levels gradually decrease as men age, synthetic testosterone is sometimes prescribed to older men to counteract this deficiency)
- Hormone secretion problems
- Inherited blood disorders
- Male hypogonadism and certain types of breast cancer
Aquaviron effects - buy in New Zealand
Aquaviron injectable suspension contains Testosterone as an active ingredient.
In general, androgens such as testosterone promote protein synthesis and thus growth of tissues with androgen receptors. Testosterone can be described as having virilising and anabolic effects (though these categorical descriptions are somewhat arbitrary, as there is a great deal of mutual overlap between them).
Anabolic effects include growth of muscle mass and strength, increased bone density and strength, and stimulation of linear growth and bone maturation.
Androgenic effects include maturation of the sex organs, particularly the penis and the formation of the scrotum in the fetus, and after birth (usually at puberty) a deepening of the voice, growth of facial hair (such as the beard) and axillary (underarm) hair. Many of these fall into the category of male secondary sex characteristics.
Testosterone effects can also be classified by the age of usual occurrence. For postnatal effects in both males and females, these are mostly dependent on the levels and duration of circulating free testosterone.
Aquaviron injectable suspension Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Aquaviron by Abbott improves the patient’s condition by replacing the testosterone that is normally produced in the body.
Aquaviron Injection Composition and Active Ingredients
Aquaviron Injection is composed of the following active ingredients (salts): Testosterone 25mg / 1ml
Testosterone is used as a medication for the treatment of males with too little or no natural testosterone production and certain forms of breast cancer. This is known as hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), which maintains serum testosterone levels in the normal range. Decline of testosterone production with age has led to interest in androgen replacement therapy. It is unclear if the use of testosterone for low levels due to aging is beneficial or harmful.
Testosterone is included in the World Health Organization’s list of essential medicines, which are the most important medications needed in a basic health system. It is available as a generic medication. The price depends on the form of testosterone used. It can be administered as a cream or transdermal patch that is applied to the skin, by injection into a muscle, as a tablet that is placed in the cheek, or by ingestion.
Common side effects from testosterone medication include acne, swelling, and breast enlargement in males. Serious side effects may include liver toxicity, heart disease, and behavioral changes. Women and children who are exposed may develop virilization. It is recommended that individuals with prostate cancer not use the medication. It can cause harm if used during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Aquaviron Injection Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from ingredients of Aquaviron.
This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Enlarged breasts in men
- Itching of skin
- Mood swings
- Prolonged painful erection
If you notice other side effects not listed above, contact your doctor for medical advice. You may also report side effects to your local food and drug administration authority.
Aquaviron Injection Drug Interactions
Aquaviron Injectable Suspension may interact with the following drugs and products:
Aquaviron Injection Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Aquaviron Injection is a contraindication. In addition, Aquaviron should not be taken if you have the following conditions:
- Hypercalcaemia or hypercalciuria
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Prostate and male breast carcinoma
Other important Information on Aquaviron Injection
Missing a dose
In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you notice. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not take extra dose to make up for a missed dose. If you are regularly missing doses, consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you. Please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dosing schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses recently.
Overdosage of Aquaviron Injection
- Do not take more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Aquaviron Injection, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Aquaviron testosterone suspension
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Aquaviron Injection.
Expired Aquaviron suspension
- Taking a single dose of expired Aquaviron is unlikely to produce an adverse event. However, please discuss with your primary health provider or pharmacist for proper advice or if you feel unwell or sick. Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions. To be on the safe side, it is important not to take expired drug. If you have a chronic illness that requires taking medicine constantly such as heart condition, seizures, and life-threatening allergies, you are much safer keeping in touch with your primary health care provider so that you can have a fresh supply of unexpired medications.
Please consult your physician or pharmacist or refer to product package.
Aquaviron Injection Packages and Strengths
Aquaviron testosterone suspension is available in the following packages and strengths
Injection Packages: 1 ml, 12 Vial
Aquaviron Injection Strengths: 25mg / 1ml